Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Room

Right before Christmas, we removed all remaining carpet in our house and replaced it with laminate that matched the existing laminate in the living room. One of the main rooms that I wanted to do this in was my stamp room. The carpeting was awful with stains from dropped ink pads, spilled paint, and other messes. Not to mention the messes made by our four cats and two kids. It is so much easier now to retrieve that dropped brad or eyelet. And let's not even consider if I spill a container of embossing powder (which has happened before!).

This is the view of the room now from the door. You go up a flight of stairs from our main entrance to get to this room and you have to turn at the top of the stairs to get into the room. Almost everyone gasps the first time they visit and see the view into the room. I don't know if it is because of the amount of stuff in the room or just out of jealousy that I have this room. It's the fourth bedroom in our home and the only room on the second story. It has it's own bath right off the room, which is super convenient for washing out paint brushes or for customers attending classes. My husband picked this house because he got tired of people having to trail all through our last house to get to the space in the basement that I used for classes. I love this room -- it is my home office, my classroom, my kids' craft space, my get away and more.

In this picture you can see the table where I teach classes -- it's our old dining room table that we bought at a second hand store when we were first married. It easily sits 8 and we can squeeze in 10.

Check back later for more pictures and storage ideas.

2 comments:

Sarah G. said...

I love your stamp room!!!

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh I love it!!! I am banished to the basement with my crafting supplies! LOL