Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Bad, bad blogger

Gosh, I'm such a bad blogger. I promised to share some new things with you last week and then I didn't! To make up for it, I'm going to share three -- yes, 3 -- projects that I've been working on with you today!
First up, and this is one of my favorite things that I've done recently:

I made this canvas board as a sample for a class that I helped lead for the junior and senior high girls at my church. They are paired up and the youth leader thought that this would be a great thing for them to work on to get to know each other. I didn't anticipate how much teenage girls LOVE to paint -- so it took them nearly the entire time to paint their canvases, but they did get to play with the stamps to stamp their names. It was so great to watch them expressing their creativity!

The other reason that I absolutely love this project is the way that my daughter squealed when she saw it. She loves it when I make projects that feature her. She wasn't too happy with my picture selection because she said she's not looking at the camera, but that's exactly why I love this picture of her so much -- for that far off dreamy look in her eyes.



The second project is a card that I made this weekend. My friend, Angela, came over to stamp with me using my new spring supplement stamps. We are both gardeners and had great fun with this stamp set -- Old Friend. Angela made a bunch of seed packets with it and I made this card. I also used one of my favorite new saying sets on it -- Nurture Your Soul.


I did make more than one card this weekend with the spring supplement stamps, but I'm going to save them for later. Some of them will be going in the spring supplement swap that I'm hosting for my team and my upline's team and I don't want to spoil the surprise just yet!



The last project that I want to share with you is this really cute little St. Patrick's Day card that I made using this month's Incentive Stamp -- Tiny Spring. When I first saw this set, I wasn't too impressed. But then I started seeing really cute samples with it and thought I'd give it a try. I'm just tickled with how cute this St. Patrick's Day card turned out and how easy it was to make. I can't wait to make a bunch more. This card also uses one of my favorite all-purpose saying sets -- Trendy Greetings.





No comments: