Thursday, April 5, 2007

Back to Real Life

Spring break went by very fast and now I'm back to catching up on my real life. We had a wonderful visit with my family. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share. I just plain didn't take any and I'm kicking myself now for it. One picture that I wish that I had was of my brother and my daughter. My brother has been fighting leukemia since September. He's celebrating his 100 days past transplant this week, which is an amazing milestone considering the prognosis that he was given in the fall! My daughter just fell in love with her uncle, who she hasn't seen in over 2 years. They were best buddies all week. On the second day that we were there, we took my brother out to eat. I was behind him leaving the restaurant. It brought tears to my eyes moments later to look up and see my brother and daughter walking across the parking lot holding hands. That is a picture that I wish that I had! It's a memory that I don't want to lose -- I guess that I will have to scrap it without the picture. Scrapping isn't just about pictures, right? It's about telling stories too!

This week I've been busy preparing samples of my upcoming class -- next Friday, April 13 and Sunday, April 15 -- Spin, Flip and Fold. I should have pictures to share with you tomorrow. I also got my application to teach classes at the Tulsa Creating Keepsakes convention together. I don't know if my class proposals will get accepted, but it was definitely a step outside my box to even send in the application!

Oh, and last night I saw the mom for whom I made the scrapbook. I had given the book to the little girl's dad because he picked her up. I hadn't seen the mom yet to find out her reaction. She said that they looked through it twice that evening and that she had wanted to call me immediately to thank me but decided against it since it was already 10 pm! That made my day yesterday to hear that it had brought that much joy to her.

No comments: