Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hijacked!

I have been hijacked onto a Rainforest Adventure! Seriously, that was the name of this year's VBS at our church. Since this was my first year running it I had no idea what to expect and let me tell you it is no small job to plan supplies, rooms, snacks, and all of the other things for over 140 kids and 60 volunteers!! I HAD thought that I would work my usual 20 hours the week before and then 40 the week of VBS. Ha! It ended up more like 60 and 85!! I was absolutely exhausted in the end, but I was so happy with the results. The good news too is that because I'm a part-time salaried position at an average of 20 hours/week, I can now essentially take the rest of the summer off to enjoy stamping! So I promise more fun things to come. In the meantime, here's a picture from last week -- I'm the one on the stage wearing a crocodile on my head -- anything to make the kids laugh!



No comments: