Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yummy Card

Well, I think that I'm finally recovered from VBS. I've gotten to spend some great time stamping and crafting in the last two weeks. The kids go back to school in 11 days and even though I've got to get ready for our fall programming at work I'm planning to take a few days during that first week of school to just relax, clean and stamp in peace and quiet.

This is one of the cards that I came up with recently. It is based off sketch #4 in the TAC catalog (did you know that there were 5 card sketches on page 3 of the catalog?!). In fact, it is an almost direct CASE of the card shown on that page as an example.

I love this solid orange that comes with our new Penelope cardstock -- reminds me of pumpkin pie. The circle on the card is the leftover edge printed on the Sydnee circle album kit after I punched out one of the circles. The piece stamped with Happy Birthday is actually one of the tags from the Penelope cardstock and I cut off the end where the ribbon would normally go. The Happy birthday is one of our new GWPs.

This card makes me ready for fall with leaves changing and cooler weather. Unfortunately, that doesn't get to Arkansas for several more months -- it is so odd to me with my northern roots to send my children back to school in shorts and t-shirts. It just doesn't seem right, but it has been near 100 here for the last two weeks. We will be lucky to see it dip back to the high 80s before school starts.

If you want to beat the heat and learn more about how to use the 5 card sketches in the catalog, sign up for my Lotsa cards class on Friday or Sunday. You can see more details about the class here -- including a picture of 5 possible cards that you could make at the class.

No comments: